Wasn’t feeling well today so I made an easy soup with pork bones that still have meat on them.
1. Cover the pork bones with water.
2. Bring to a boil and skim off all the brown gunk. Why? Because my grandma said so.
3. Squash some garlic and toss them in. Let soup simmer at medium heat
4. Cut up carrots & scallions, toss them in the soup. Add salt and a bit of fish sauce (salt would suffice) + black pepper.
5. Core, peel and cut up the winter melon. Put it in the pot.
6. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low heat
7. Poke the pork meat with a fork – if it flakes off or is super soft then it’s done. Taste soup & adjust seasoning if needed.
8. Bring soup to boil and add noodles – add less than you think you need and only at the very end because they suck up all the soup.