This is my go-to cookie recipe and my husband’s fave.
Tip 1) If your butter isn’t softened because you just took it out of the fridge, cut what you need in small pieces and leave at room temperature. Go take a bath. It’ll be soft enough by the time you get back.
Tip 2) Use good quality tools – the head of the blue spatula came off.. Why I was using it in the first place I don’t know.. This type of stuff doesn’t happen with The Pampered Chef spatula that’s one whole piece.
Tip 3) Use stoneware if you have! It makes really crispy cookies on the outside and soft on inside. Yummers!
Tip 4) Don’t put the scoops of cookie dough too close to each other (oopsy!)
Awesome Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies!!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together butter, sugars and the eggs until well blended.
- Combine baking soda, salt and flour and add to the creamed mixture.
- Add in the oatmeal and the chips stir.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.